Saint-Joseph University (USJ) is a private Lebanese university that was established in 1875. The university and its degrees are officially recognized by the Lebanese state, in accordance with the provisions of the private higher education that governs higher education in Lebanon.
- The university was accredited by AERES (Agence d'évaluation de la recherche et de l'enseignement supérieur – a French academic research evaluation agency) in 2009.
- It is a member of the Association of Arab Universities, the International Union of Universities, the Association of Wholly or Partly French-Language Universities, the International Federation of Catholic Universities, the Federation of European Catholic Universities, the Association of Jesuit Higher Education Institutions in Europe and Lebanon, the Euro-Mediterranean Association, and the EuroMed Permanent University Forum.
- It has more than 200 cooperation agreements different universities, be they Arab, European, American, Canadian, Chinese, or Japanese.
- It houses the permanent headquarters of the Society of Arab Dental Faculties, which is hosted by its affiliate, the Faculty of Dental Medicine.
- It houses the permanent headquarters of the Arab Confederation for Faculties & Institutes of Physiotherapy, which is hosted by its affiliate, the Institute of Physical Therapy.
- It houses the headquarters of the Confucius Institute for the teaching of Chinese language and civilization.
- It houses the headquarters of the Japan Academic Center.