Scholarships for international students are not available for academic year 2020/21.
In order to promote its international recognition, USJ has created a fund to finance the studies of international students and to promote international mobility. Depending on budget availability, this fund can also be used to help non-Lebanese PhD candidates in need of financial support.
Candidates for these scholarships should not have the Lebanese nationality.
Only Master applications are eligible.
International exchange students cannot apply for this scholarship to cover their living expenses during their stay.
Candidates must have:
- a strong knowledge of French.
- finished their first cycle (Bachelor degree) studies.
The scholarship covers:
- Enrollment costs and university fees
- Civil accident liability, accident insurance and repatriation
- A monthly stipend - for a maximum duration of 10 months - intended to cover living expenses.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Visa cost
- Flight ticket cost
- Residency permit cost
- Compulsory health insurance (can be done in Lebanon) cost
Any costs related to a placement test, interview or exam prior to admission
Scholarships and extensions
Candidates are granted a scholarship based on their personal file, within the limit set by USJ, according to the criteria of priority within regions and academic excellence.
The scholarship is awarded for one academic year (two semesters) and is renewable based on academic results. The duration of the scholarship may not exceed the normal period of study of a Master degree.
Students who are granted the scholarship must be registered full time and attend all the required courses. If they choose to attend courses apart from the chosen Master’s major, they will have to pay the relative university fees.
Candidates have to download the following forms
The complete files must be sent by email to USJ international relations office:
email@example.com (in a unique PDF document) AND by post to:
Service des Relations Internationales, Rectorat, Rue de Damas,
B.P. 17-5208 March Mikhaël, Beirut 1104 2020 - Liban
Tel: +961 142116
Fax: +961 1421006
- April 30, for a first application
- June 15, for the renewal request. This application must include the transcript of records of the academic semester in progress.
The University will communicate the result to candidates by the end of July.