We are glad to inform you that Sapienza University of Rome, Italy, is launching the new call for incoming students within the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility program (KA107).
Available scholarships are for 4 partner universities in LEBANON which include USJ and which means that a final selection process will take place.
According to the new Erasmus+ ICM rules, there will be flexibility in the level (Bachelor, Master and PhD) of the students eligible for scholarships. Therefore, students from one of the three levels can apply.
What does an Erasmus+ scholarship cover?
- For students (for a mobility of one semester): a monthly allowance of generally 800 or 850 euros per month AND a reimbursement of the flight ticket (up to a certain limit)
- For staff members (for a mobility of 5 working days + 2 travel days): A per diem of generally 140 or 160 euros per day AND a reimbursement of the flight ticket (up to a certain limit)
Student application process
- Check Sapienza's academic offer: https://corsidilaurea.uniroma1.it/en
PS: Erasmus+ incoming students may apply for any programs offered by Sapienza University of Rome (both Italian and English-taught). Bachelor students may pick modules taught at Master level.
Please note that candidates for the Faculty of Medicine, which has limited seats available, might be assigned to the University campus in Latina (https://web.uniroma1.it/cersites/farmacia-e-medicina/facolt-di-farmacia-e-medicina).
- Choose your courses with the approval of your dean/academic coordinator at USJ. Remember that you need to have good academic records in order to be eligible to apply for a mobility in the first place.
- Fill USJ's outgoing mobility form (1st page), have it signed by the dean and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 8 (if you want to apply for a mobility during the 1st semester of 2021-2022)
- In the meantime, prepare the following list of required documents that you will need later on during Sapienza's application process:
1st level or undergraduate/Bachelor and 2nd level/Master students:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter (in English)
- Transcript of records (relevés de notes - to be asked from the Home faculty of USJ)
- Learning agreement with detailed list of courses he/she would like to attend in Sapienza among the academic offer provided or description of research topic. Check Guidelines in attached document below on how to use the Learning Agreement.
For 3rd level/PhD candidates
- Exact indication of PhD course of interest among the PhD offer provided
- Motivation letter + detailed Research proposal
- List of publications
- Letter of endorsement by academic staff
- USJ will send the official nomination of the pre-selected candidates to Sapienza who will then send you an email (to your USJ email adress) including all info regarding its own application process and how and where to upload the previously mentioned documents.
Students will find detailed information about their Erasmus+ period at Sapienza University by downloading the International Student Guide
Staff (teaching) application process
Erasmus+ incoming staff may apply for any Faculty of Sapienza:
- Send an email to email@example.com with your CV, a motivation letter, the Teaching mobility agreement, and list of publication.
- The international relations team will then send your official nomination to Sapienza who will then send you details on how to proceed with your application.
For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org