The application for the 2022-2023 Fulbright Student Scholarship Program is now open. The program, which covers a maximum of two academic years of graduate study in the United States beginning in August 2022, is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State through the U.S. Embassy in Beirut.
It is a great opportunity for Lebanese students to obtain a Master’s degree from the finest universities in the United States and on a very prestigious scholarship program through a U.S. Government-funded grant that includes :
- roundtrip airfare between Lebanon and the United States,
- university tuition,
- health insurance,
- and lodging.
Note: Expenses of Fulbright students’ dependents (spouses, children, parents, etc.) are not covered.
Application process and deadline:
Please visit: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022 to complete the online application and click here to learn more about the application requirements and the documents that need to be submitted along with the application.
The deadline to submit the online application and required documents for the program is Wednesday May 12, 2021.
A competitive applicant will have an excellent academic record, strong English language skills, an outstanding character, and the commitment to return to Lebanon upon completion of the program.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Lebanese citizen or Palestinian refugee holding the Special Travel Document issued by the Lebanese Government.
- Resident of Lebanon at the time of the application.
- Bachelor’s degree graduate (prior to summer 2022) from an institution recognized by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Demonstrate academic excellence within his/her field of specialization.
- Pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
- Must apply for a master’s degree in any field of study except dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, or other clinical fields (nursing administration is permitted).
- Students from all other disciplines are welcome to apply, but students from the following fields of study are strongly encouraged to apply: humanities, social sciences, political science, public administration, journalism, urban planning, rural and economic development, entrepreneurship, gender studies, geotechnical engineering, or other fields that are not available in Lebanon.
- Sufficiently proficient in English to attend a Master’s degree (or graduate degree) program or be willing to participate in an English language intensive course prior to normal course of study.
- U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the United States.
- Fulbright students must return to Lebanon for at least two years upon completion of the program and will not be eligible for U.S. employment, immigration or residency visas during that time period.
- Fulbright students are immediately eligible to apply for student, tourist, and business visas to the U.S. after completing the Fulbright program.
For specific inquiries on the program, please email BeirutPD@state.gov
For application-related questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-989901 ext. 162