The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program competition for 2023-2024. The program, which covers a maximum of two academic years of graduate study in the United States beginning in August 2023, is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State through the U.S. Embassy in Beirut.
This is a very important opportunity for students in Lebanon to pursue their graduate studies through a U.S. Government-funded grant that includes :
- roundtrip airfare,
- university tuition for up to two years,
- health insurance,
- stipend to cover lodging and living expenses…
Program eligibility requirements, application instructions, required documents and deadline:
- Must be a Lebanese citizen or a holder of the Special Travel Document for Palestinian Refugees issued by the Lebanese Government.;
- U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply;
- Must reside in country throughout the application, selection and placement process;
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution at the time of the program start date;
- Must have a strong academic background;
- Must be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of the study program;
- Preference is given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or living in the United States;
- Preference is given to students who will pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
- Interested applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply as are those of all backgrounds.
The Online application’s instructions are available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023/
- Applications will be accepted in most fields of study, including the humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and engineering. However, master’s programs with a clinical studies component, such as medicine and nursing, are not permitted. Medical professionals may apply for academic degrees.
- Applications and materials must be submitted through the online system (except for official transcripts, which must be submitted to the AMIDEAST office).
Applicants will be required to submit:
- Official academic transcripts;
- An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education, work experience, and civic activities;
- Three letters of reference, in English;
- A personal statement and study/research objective, in English, up to 600 words in length each;
- Write clearly, using professional and understandable language;
- Demonstrate why you have chosen your field of study and how you are qualified;
- Proofread all materials for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes;
- Refrain from using sarcasm, jokes, or inappropriate humor;
- Cite any outside sources used in your essays. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
Submission deadline for all application materials is Monday, May 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m. Beirut Time) including the online application and the supporting documents to AMIDEAST.
More info: https://lb.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/200/2023-2024-Fulbright-Eligibilities-and-Application-Requirements.pdf
Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the United States. Fulbright students must return to Lebanon for at least two years upon completion of the program and will not be eligible for U.S. employment, immigration or residency visas during that time period. Fulbright students are immediately eligible to apply for student, tourist, and business visas to the U.S. after completing the Fulbright program.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in June 2022.
For more info, please check https://lb.usembassy.gov/fulbright-foreign-student-2023/ or email BeirutPD@state.gov