English & details below
L’appel à candidatures pour une bourse de mobilité d’un semestre dans le cadre des bourses FUCE (Fédération des Universités Catholiques Européennes) pour l’année académique 2023/2024 est ouvert.
Les détails de cet appel ainsi que la procédure à suivre et documents à fournir pour postuler à cette bourse se trouvent en attaché
Le dossier complet devra être envoyé avant le 31 mars 2023 par mail au firstname.lastname@example.org (en un seul fichier PDF si possible).
Notes importantes :
- La bourse finance une mobilité d’un semestre d’études dans un établissement membre de la FUCE.
- La montant de la bourse est de 2.500 euros pour financer le séjour sur place (logement, frais de subsistances etc.).
- Les frais du visa, de l’assurance internationale et du billet d’avion sont à la charge de l’étudiant
- Lors du séjour à l’international, l’étudiant reste inscrit à l’USJ et y paie les frais de scolarité.
- L’université d’accueil l’exempte du paiement des frais de scolarité.
- L’étudiant n’obtient pas de diplôme de l’université d’accueil mais uniquement un relevé de notes officiel qui permet de valider le semestre à son retour à l’USJ.
Details and application process
- The European Federation of Catholic Universities (FUCE) is launching its mobility program exclusively addressing students registered at Lebanese, Albanian, Ukrainian, Georgian and Pontifical universities from Vatican who are members of FUCE.
- Number of scholarships for USJ: 1 to 3 maximum
- Duration of the stay: one semester (ie 4 to 6 months)
- Amount: 2500€ to cover the cost of living and travel expenses.
- The student remains enrolled in the sending institution and will be considered as a student in mobility (like an ERASMUS student) by the host university (that means: no fee, access to libraries, etc.).
- The sending institution will have to award full recognition of the studies done by the student at the host institution.
- Host universities: FUCE universities.
- Successful candidates will only be able to enjoy once of this scholarship programme.
Applicants from USJ must:
- Be students at USJ and be registered at an undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
- Be Lebanese citizens.
- In the case of undergraduates, to have successfully passed the first year of their degree.
- Have a good academic record.
- Have a good command of the language of instruction of the courses to be followed.
- Not have already received or be currently receiving any other financial mobility grant.
- Be able to show that they possess the personal qualities to benefit from their mobility grant and use it to succeed in their chosen career.
Application process, required documents and deadline
- Choose their host university from FUCE’s partner universities’ list attached.
- Check the host university's academic program and language of instruction on their website.
- Choose the courses with the approval of their USJ Director/Dean.
- Fill USJ’s outgoing mobility form and have it signed by the USJ Director/Dean
- Send the outgoing mobility form to email@example.com along with the following list of documents:
- Student application form (attached below).
- Copy (first side – reverse) of the identity card or passport.
- Certified copy of the different academic records (relevés de notes) to be asked from your home faculty
- A certificate showing evidence of your registration at USJ (to be asked from your home faculty)
- Proof of language proficiency (attestation de langue) to be asked from your home faculty at USJ or equivalent Language certificate
- Motivation letter (200 words) with a focus on your educational objectives, professional goals and aspirations and how you think this mobility grant will help to achieve your goals.
- Letter of reference (lettre de recommendation) to be asked from a lecturer, tutor or supervisor of your Faculty at USJ
- FUCE learning agreement (attached) filled and signed by USJ's academic coordinator (dean of your faculty).
Application including all relevant documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE March 31st 2023
- USJ will collect all the documentation from the applicants and will short-list the appropriate candidates.
- Application will be prioritized by:
- Academic records.
- Good command of the language of instruction of the courses to be followed.
- Word statement about the candidate’s motivation to do the mobility.
- Financial resources of the candidate.
- Short-listed candidates can be invited for an interview to be held at the sending university.
- Preference will go towards applicants who have not previously studied outside their home country.
- USJ will send the files of the (maximum) 3 pre-selected candidates to the FUCE secretary by May 6th, 2023 at the latest. The others will be on "waiting list" in case of any drop out from a pre-selected candidate.
- The final selection of the candidates is made by the Council of FUCE during its meeting in May 2023 before the General Assembly.
- The President of FUCE informs the rectors of sending and hosting institutions of the successful candidates.
- USJ informs the candidates of whether or not they have been selected
- FUCE sends the funds to USJ, which will be in charge of transferring the amounts to the selected students once they open a bank account at the host country.
For more info, please contact email@example.com or call 01-421 000 ext. 1158