The U.S. Embassy Beirut is pleased to announce the 2019-2020 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program, a one academic semester, U.S Department of State-sponsored study program in the United States.
Participants in this program will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate course work chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American students, and will be required to participate in 20 hours of community service.
The Global Ugrad Program provides the opportunity for non-degree study in the United States for one academic semester starting in August 2019 or January 2020. Students in their first, second, or third year of undergraduate studies are eligible to apply. Applicants should be 18-25 years old and should have at least one undergraduate semester remaining in their studies at university following the end of the program in December 2019 or May 2020.
This is a non-degree program. Students should check with their home institution regarding the transfer of credits accumulated during this program.
For more information on the Global Ugrad Program, students are encouraged to visit the program website.
Competition for the Global Ugrad Program is merit-based. Eligible applicants should be:
- Lebanese citizens or legal, long-term Palestinian residents in Lebanon;
- In the first, second, or third year of a full-time undergraduate program at a registered academic institution in Lebanon at the time of application (part-time students or correspondence students are not eligible);
- Between 18 and 25 years and have at least one academic semester remaining to complete their undergraduate studies after the end of this exchange program in December 2019 or May 2020;
- In good academic standing;
- Able to qualify for and maintain a J-1 visa;
- Committed to returning to Lebanon after completing their academic program;
- Proficient in spoken and written English; and
- Should not be U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents of the United States
Application and deadline:
The application package must include:
- Completed online application– click here to go to the website and complete the application.
- Two letters of recommendation (in English) including one from the applicant’s current institution.
When the recommendation letters are written and signed, applicants should scan and upload them to their online applications.
- Academic transcripts (in English) of the current and previous year, either at high school or university. If the transcripts are in Arabic or French, translated copies by a sworn translator have to be uploaded along with the version in the original language.
- Copy of Passport biodata page (if available at the time of application).
- Please note: TOEFL scores are NOT required, but should be included if available.
- Applications are due by 11:59 PM (Beirut time) on December 31, 2018
- PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete or late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Inquiries and supplemental documents can be e-mailed to BeirutPD@state.gov or can be hand-delivered or mailed to the S. Embassy in Awkar, but must be received by December 31, 2018.
The U.S. Government pays for the participants’ international travel, university tuition, room and board, health insurance, a small monthly stipend, and funding for books. Competition is merit-based, and students from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age, and/or physical impairment.
Interested applicants must also fill and sign USJ's Outgoing mobility form and hand it to the International relations office of USJ.
Tél : +961 (1) 421 000 ext 1158-1275-1160
Courriel : email@example.com
Site web : http://www.usj.edu.lb