We are very happy to inform you that the University of Minho in Portugal has obtained funding for student and staff mobilities from Lebanon and that the second call for submission of applications is open. The call will be open until the 31st January 2019. All relevant information is available in the following site https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/ICM.aspx
We kindly ask you to read carefully all the information.
All applications must be submitted online until the 31st January 2019, using the application form provided on the link https://goo.gl/UYPXyd
Application procedure for STUDENTS:
1. Check the host university's academic program and language of instruction on their website.
2. Choose your courses with the approval of your Director/Dean at USJ.
3. Fill USJ’s outgoing mobility form available on our website: http://www.usj.edu.lb/sri/pdf/Formulaire-de-mobilite-SORTANTE.pdf
4. Have it signed by your Director/Dean at USJ and send it to USJ’s international relations office located at the Rectorate, Damascus road.
5. USJ’s international relations team will send your NOMINATION to the host university.
6. Proceed with the host university’s instructions on how to proceed with your application.
Application procedure for STAFF:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in English and a brief summary (in ENGLISH as well) of what you would like to teach/do at the host university (course description/language of instruction/visits/meetings etc.)
2. The international relations team will then send your nomination to the host university who will then send you details on how to proceed with your application.
After the call is closed, the following selection procedure will be implemented:
The University of Minho will be responsible for receiving and validating all applications submitted within the above mentioned deadline. For partner institutions applications, it will be up to each foreign HEI to validate and assess its candidates. Afterwards, all applications with a positive assessment will be forwarded for the analysis of potential host Schools/Institutes/Services of UMinho, which may give a positive or negative evaluation to the application. In the case of UMinho, the candidates will initially be screened by the SRI in terms of eligibility, and subsequently submitted for evaluation of UOEI Presidents . All applications that receive a positive evaluation from UMinho will be forwarded for validation of their hosting HEIs. The final selection all candidates will be made by UMinho, where a jury, composed by 3 members will meet and decide the final award of the grants, taking into account criteria such as: relevance of the work plan, balanced distribution of scholarships between Partner universities, gender balance, among others. The results will be communicated via email and will be published in the following site https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/ICM.aspx
Please consult the Application Guide (https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/ICM_documents.aspx), page 7-8, in order to find out about the available vacancies for your country within the second call.
Contact the international relations office of USJ for any further info on email@example.com or call 961 1 421 000 ext. 1275 - 1158