Apply now for a FUCE mobility scholarship!
Enrolled students at USJ can now benefit from mobility scholarships offered by FUCE (Fédération des Universités Catholiques Européennes) and spend a semester at one of FUCE’s partner universities (check the list attached).
The scholarship covers travel expenses and a monthly allowance of 660 € to cover the cost of living.
- Choose your host university from FUCE’s partner universities’ list attached.
- Check the host university's academic program and language of instruction on their website.
- Choose your courses with the approval of your Director/Dean at USJ.
- Fill USJ’s outgoing mobility form attached and available on our website
- Have it signed by your Director/Dean at USJ and give it to USJ’s international relations office located at the Rectorate, Damascus road along with the following list of documents:
- Filled student application form (attached).
- Copy of the passport.
- Certified copy of the different academic records (to be asked for from your USJ home faculty).
- A certificate showing evidence of your registration at USJ (to be asked for from your USJ home faculty).
- Proof of the good command of the language of instruction of the courses to be followed, at a minimum level of B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (contact email@example.com for more details).
- A 200 words statement about yourself with a focus on your educational objectives, your professional goals and aspirations and how you think this mobility grant will help to achieve your goals.
- A Letter of reference. This must be from a member of staff from USJ who has supervised you academically – i.e. your dean, a lecturer, tutor, professor or supervisor.
- FUCE learning agreement à this agreement has to be completed and approved by USJ’s dean.
The deadline to give all the previous documents to USJ’s international relations office is April 5th, 2019.
1. USJ international relations team will collect all the documentation from the applicants and will short-list the appropriate candidates.
Application will be prioritized by:
- Academic records.
- Good command of the language of instruction of the courses to be followed.
- Word statement about the candidate’s motivation to do the mobility.
- Financial resources of the candidate.
- Preference will go towards applicants who have not previously studied outside their home country.
2. USJ’s international relations team will proceed with your nomination, have the learning agreement signed by the host institution and get you a pre-acceptance letter in order to proceed with your request.
3. USJ will then send the files of 3 pre-selected candidates to the FUCE secretary by May 5th, 2019 at the latest.
4. The final selection of the candidates is made by the FUCE Council around mid-May 2019
5. USJ’s international relations office will notify the candidates of the selection results.
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-421 000 ext. 1275 - 1158