The International Credit Mobility (ICM) is part of the Key Action 1 of the Erasmus + Program and allows a Higher Education Institution (HEI) in a partner country to send students, teaching and non-teaching staff to perform a study period, a teaching or training mission to an HEI in a Program country and vice versa.
JAMIES is the result of a partnership between :
Is allows the 5 Higher Portuguese Institutions to receive/send students, teaching and non-teaching staff from/to 5 partner countries outside Europe of which Lebanon which means that available scholarships are for LEBANON, not only USJ.
The first call for submission of applications is now open.
All relevant information is available in the following site https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/JAMIES.aspx
Relevant data on JAMIES - https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/JAMIES.aspx
PS: Before applying, please check available scholarships for Lebanon on the following link: https://alunos.uminho.pt/EN/students/mobilityprograms/Pages/JAMIES.aspx
Application procedure for STUDENTS:
1. Check the host university's academic program and language of instruction on their website.
2. Choose your courses with the approval of your Director/Dean at USJ.
3. Fill the first page of USJ’s outgoing mobility form.
4. Have it signed by your Dean at USJ and send it to USJ’s international relations office located at the Rectorate, Damascus road.
5. USJ’s international relations team will get in touch with you and send your official nomination to the host university if needed.
6. Proceed with the online application.
Application procedure for STAFF:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in English and a brief summary (in ENGLISH as well) of what you would like to teach/do at the host university (course description/language of instruction/visits/meetings etc.).
2. The international relations team will then send your nomination to the host university and put you in contact with the concerned persons.
3. Proceed with the online application.
After the call is closed, the following selection procedure will be implemented:
1. Receiving the application
2. Validation by the home institution
3. Assessment by the home institution and by the host university
4. Candidates selection
5. Confirmation by host institution
6. Notification of the decision
7. Scholarship/Grant Agreement
8. Settling of the final mobility dates
JAMIES Consortium will be responsible for receiving and validating all applications submitted within the above mentioned deadline. For partner institutions applications, it will be up to each foreign HEI to validate and assess its candidates. Afterwards, all applications with a positive assessment will be forwarded for the analysis of potential host Schools/Institutes/Services of JAMIES institutions, which may give a positive or negative evaluation to the applications. In the case of JAMIES institutions, the candidates will initially be screened by the SRI in terms of eligibility, and subsequently submitted for evaluation of Academic Coordinators (for students) and UOEI Presidents (in the case of teaching and non-teaching staff). All applications that receive a positive evaluation from JAMIES institutions will be forwarded for validation of their hosting HEIs. The final selection of all candidates will be made by the JAMIES Consortium, where a jury, composed by 1 member of each of the Portuguese Institutions involved in the JAMIES consortium, will meet and decide the final award of the scholarships/grants, taking into account criteria such as: academic merit, relevance of the work plan, balanced distribution of scholarships between Partner universities, gender balance, among other.