The annual Cyber Security Summer School will take place in Voore Guesthouse, Estonia from 1st to 5th July 2019.
The focus will be on blockchain technologies and its impact on digital transformation.
With experts from various sectors and establishments, the Summer School will give a comprehensive overview of different aspects of blockchain technologies with 3 subtopics:
- legal and economic considerations using blockchain,
- applications for blockchain,
- blockchain and cryptography.
The Summer School is intended for PhD students and for young professionals, who already work with blockchain. It will welcome leading researchers, experts and speakers from Estonia, Australia, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
- Martin Ruubel (President of Guardtime Estonia),
- Mark Copeland (CEO of SmartMinds Enterprise & Earth Ledger, Estonia),
- Dr. Sherry Xu (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia),
- Dr. Michael Henke (Technical University Dortmund),
- Kristo Vaher (Chief Technology Officer, Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications),
- Dr. Claudio Di Ciccio (Vienna University of Technology),
- Dr. Christian Cachin (University of Bern),
- Dr. Andreas Hülsing (Eindhoven University of Technology),
- Dr. Anna-Maria Osula (Guardtime),
- Dr. Ahto Buldas (Cybernetica).
PhD level and junior researchers: EUR 200 (excluding VAT)
All others: EUR 500 (excluding VAT)
presentations, discussions, and group work assignments
leisure and team-building games
guided tour in the Estonian National Museum, followed by an official dinner reception.
For more information: http://studyitin.ee/c3s2019/home
- Interested students should fill USJ’s outgoing mobility form and send it to the International relations office.
PS: Students must also get their Dean's approval on whether or not the course they have chosen will be validated upon return at USJ. A written note by the Dean is a must.
- The international relations team will nominate them.
- Students will then have to proceed with their online application form by going to the following link: https://comserv.cs.ut.ee/home/anon/C3s2019/c3sRegistration2019
Registration deadline is 30th April 2019.
Please contact email@example.com for further info or call 01-421 000 ext. 1275 - 1158