maître de conférence - Eng., PhD
(+961) 1 421 000 ext 3443 email@example.com
Throughout my years of experience as a Junior faculty member, I gained significant teaching expertise in the fields of Process Engineering and Biochemistry. My career-long previous achievements can be summarized: • Research specialist, technical staff in a European project with many published papers in international peer-reviewed journals. • Co-inventor of 3 patents and holder of the LIRA award, in the waste management field. • Industrial consultancy, and entrepreneurship expertise from laboratory to market.
1. Rajha, H.N., Debs, E., Maroun, R.G., Louka, N. (2017). System for extracting, separating or treating products through infrared radiation. Adequacy between the properties of infrared radiation and those of the processed products. Invention patent number 2017 / 11-11296L granted on 29/11/2017.
2. Maroun, R.G., El Kantar S., Rajha, H.N., Louka, N. (2018). New deep eutectic solvents for the recovery of bioactive molecules. Invention patent number 2018 / 11547 granted on 23/10/2018.
3. Debs, E., Rajha, H.N., R. Rizk, H. Francis, R. Mrad, R. G. Maroun and N. Louka (2019). "Apparatus for placing, installations, under high vapor pressure, with a rise of the ultra-fast pressure "EPUR". Application to the Intensification of Vaporization by Decompression to the Vacuum "IVDV"." Invention patent number 11666 granted on 07/05/2019.
1. Rajha, H. N., El Darra, N., Vorobiev, E., Louka, N., & Maroun, R. G.. An Environment Friendly, Low-Cost Extraction Process of Phenolic Compounds from Grape Byproducts. Optimization by Multi-Response Surface Methodology. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2013, 4(6), 650-659.
2. Rajha, H. N., Louka, N., El Darra, N., Hobaika, Z., Boussetta, N., Vorobiev, E., & Maroun, R. G. Multiple Response Optimization of High Temperature, Low Time Aqueous Extraction Process of Phenolic Compounds from Grape Byproducts. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2014, 5(4), 351-360.
3. Rajha, H. N., El Darra, N., Hobaika, Z., Boussetta, N., Vorobiev, E., Maroun, R. G., & Louka, N. Extraction of Total Phenolic Compounds, Flavonoids, Anthocyanins and Tannins from Grape Byproducts by Response Surface Methodology. Influence of Solid-Liquid Ratio, Particle Size, Time, Temperature and Solvent Mixtures on the Optimization Process. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2014, 5(4), 397-409.
4. Rajha, H. N., Boussetta, N., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G., & Vorobiev, E.. A comparative study of physical pretreatments for the extraction of phenolic compounds and proteins from vine shoots. Food Research International, 2014, 65, C, 462-468.
5. Rajha, H. N., Ziegler, W., Louka, N., Hobaika, Z., Vorobiev, E., Boechzelt, H. G., & Maroun, R. G. Effect of the Drying Process on the Intensification of Phenolic Compounds Recovery from Grape Pomace Using Accelerated Solvent Extraction. International journal of molecular sciences, 2014, 15(10), 18640-18658.
6. Rajha, H. N., Chacar, S., Afif, C., Vorobiev, E., Louka, N., & Maroun, R. G. β-cyclodextrin assisted extraction of phenolic compounds from vine shoot cultivars. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 2015, 63(13), 3387-3393.
7. Rajha, H. N., Boussetta, N., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G., & Vorobiev, E. Effect of alternative physical pretreatments (pulsed electric field, high voltage electrical discharges and ultrasound) on the dead-end ultrafiltration of vine-shoot extracts. Separation and Purification Technology, 2015, 146, 243-251.
8. Rajha, H. N., Boussetta, N., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G., & Vorobiev, E. Electrical, mechanical, and chemical effects of high-voltage electrical discharges on the polyphenols extraction from vine shoots. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, 2015b, 31 (2015): 60-66.
9. El Darra N., Rajha, H. N., Ducasse M.A., Turk M.F., Grimi N., Guérin-Schneider R., Maroun R.G., Louka N., Vorobiev E. Effect of pulsed electric field treatment during cold maceration and alcoholic fermentation on major red wine qualitative and quantitative parameters. Food Chemistry, 2016, 213, 352-360.
10. Rajha, H. N., El Darra N., El Kantar S., Hobaika, Z., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G. A Comparative Study of the Phenolic and Technological Maturities of Red Grapes Grown in Lebanon. Antioxidants, 2017, 6 (1), 8.
11. El Darra N.*, Rajha, H. N.*, Saleh F., Al-Oweini R., Maroun, R. G., Louka, N. Food Fraud detection in commercial Pomegranate Molasses syrups by UV-VIS spectroscopy, ATR-FTIR spectroscopy and HPLC methods. Food Control 2017, vol. 78, p. 132-137. *Both authors equally contributed.
12. Raafat K., El Darra N., Saleh F., Rajha, H. N., Maroun, R. G., Louka N. Infrared‐Assisted Extraction and HPLC‐Analysis of Prunus armeniaca L. Pomace and Detoxified‐Kernel and their Antidiabetic Effects. Phytochemical analysis, 2017, vol. 29, no 2, p. 156-167. DOI 10.1002/pca.2723.
13. El Kantar, S., Boussetta, N., Lebovka, N., Foucart, F., Rajha, H. N., Maroun, R. G., Louka N. & Vorobiev, E. Pulsed electric field treatment of citrus fruits: Improvement of juice and polyphenols extraction. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 2018, vol. 46, p. 153-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifset.2017.09.024.
14. Cheaib, D., El Darra, N., Rajha, H. N., El-Ghazzawi, I., Maroun, R. G., and Louka N. Effect of the Extraction Process on the Biological Activity of Lyophilized Apricot Extracts Recovered from Apricot Pomace. Antioxidants. 2018, vol. 7, no 1, p. 11. doi:10.3390/antiox7010011.
15. El Kantar, S., Boussetta, N., Rajha, H. N., Maroun, R. G., Louka, N., & Vorobiev, E.. High voltage electrical discharges combined with enzymatic hydrolysis for extraction of polyphenols and fermentable sugars from orange peels. Food Research International, 2018, vol. 107, p. 755-762.
16. Cheaib, D., El Darra, N., Rajha, H. N., Maroun, R. G., & Louka, N. (2018b). Systematic and Empirical Study of the Dependence of Polyphenol Recovery from Apricot Pomace on Temperature and Solvent Concentration Levels. The Scientific World Journal, 2018, vol. 2018..
17. Rajha, H. N., El Kantar S., Afif C., Boussetta, N., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G., & Vorobiev, E, Selective multi-stage extraction process of biomolecules from vine shoots by a combination of biological, chemical and physical treatments. Comptes Rendus Chimie, 2018, vol. 21, no 6, p. 581-589.
18. Nada El Darra*, Rajha, H. N.,*, Espérance Debs, Fatima Saleh,, Iman El-Ghazzawi and Richard G. Maroun, Comparative study between Ethanolic and β-Cyclodextrin Assisted Extraction of Polyphenols from Peach Pomace. International Journal of Food Science. (2018b), vol. 2018. *Both authors equally contributed.
19. Cheaib, D., El Darra, N., Rajha, H. N., Ghazzawi, I. E., Maroun, R. G., & Louka, N. Biological activity of apricot byproducts polyphenols using solid-liquid and infrared-assisted technology. Journal of Food Biochemistry, 2018, e12552.
20. Raafat K., El Darra N., Saleh F., Rajha, H. N., Louka N. Optimization of Infrared‑assisted Extraction of Bioactive Lactones from Saussurea lappa L. and their Effects against Gestational Diabetes, Pharmacognosy Magazine, 2019, DOI: 10.4103/pm.pm_380_18.
21. Rajha, H. N., Mhanna T., El Kantar S., El Khoury A., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G. Innovative process of polyphenols recovery from pomegranate peels by combining green deep eutectic solvents and a new infrared technology LWT, 2019, vol. 111, p. 138-146 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2019.05.004.
22. El Kantar S., Rajha, H. N., Boussetta, N., Vorobiev, E. Maroun, R. G., & Louka, N., Green extraction of polyphenols from grapefruit peels using high voltage electrical discharges, deep eutectic solvents and aqueous glycerol. Food Chemistry, 2019, vol. 295, p. 165-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2019.05.111
24. Rajha, H. N., Khattar, A. M. A., El Kantar, S., Boussetta, N., Lebovka, N., Maroun, R. G., Louka N., & Vorobiev, E. Comparison of aqueous extraction efficiency and biological activities of polyphenols from pomegranate peels assisted by infrared, ultrasound, pulsed electric fields and high-voltage electrical discharges. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 2019, 102212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifset.2019.102212.
25. El Kantar, S., Rajha, H. N., Maroun, R. G., & Louka, N.. Intensification of polyphenols extraction from orange peels using infrared as a novel and energy saving pretreatment. Journal of Food Science, (2020) 85(2), 414-420.
26. Rajha, H. N., Koubaa, M., Boussetta, N., Maroun, R. G., Louka, N., Lebovka, N., & Vorobiev, E. Selective ultrasound‐assisted aqueous extraction of polyphenols from pomegranate peels and seeds. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, (2020) e14545.
27. Rajha, H. N., Azouy, J., Debs, E., El Azzi, E., Louka, N. Optimization of peanuts' defatting using Ired-Irrad®, a newly-patented green and low-cost technology. IEEEXplore (2020).
28. Khattar, A. M. A., Rajha, H. N., Maroun, R. G., Abdel-Massih R., Louka N., Debs E. Green Extraction of Polyphenols from Olive Leaves using Ired-Irrad® as a Pretreatment. IEEEXplore (2020).
29. Rajha, H. N., Khabbaz, S., Abi Rached, R., Debs E., Maroun, R. G., Louka, N. Optimization of polyphenols extraction from purple corn cobs using ß-cyclodextrin as a green solvent. IEEEXplore (2020).
30. Rajha, H. N., Khattar, A. M. A., Boussetta, N., Vorobiev, E., Maroun, R. G., Louka, N. Effect of PEF and HVED on polyphenol extraction from pomegranate peels. IEEEXplore (2020).
31. Rajha, H. N., El Khoury, G., El Darra, N., Raafat, K., Debs E., Maroun, R. G., Louka, N. Biological Activities of Saussurea lappa Antioxidants Recovered by Solid–liquid, Ultrasound and Ired-Irrad®, 2020, Current Bioactive Compounds.
32. Allaw, M., Manconi, M., Aroffu, M., Marongiu, F., Porceddu, M., Bacchetta, G., Iris Usach, A.R. Rita, Rajha, H. N., RG. Maroun, J L Pedraz ,Tania B. Lopez-Mendez, A.M. Fadda & Manca, M. L. Extraction, Characterization and Incorporation of Hypericum scruglii Extract in Ad Hoc Formulated Phospholipid Vesicles Designed for the Treatment of Skin Diseases Connected with Oxidative Stress. Pharmaceutics, 2020, 12(11), 1010.
33. Abi-Khattar, A. M., Rajha, H. N., Abdel-Massih, R. M., Habchi, R., Maroun, R. G., Debs, E., & Louka, N. “Intensification of vaporization by decompression to the Vacuum”(IVDV), a novel technology applied as a pretreatment to improve polyphenols extraction from olive leaves. Food Chemistry, 2021, 128236.
34. Rajha, H. N., Debs, E., A.R. Rita, E.K. Karl,A.K. Mona, M. Rachelle, Louka N., Innovation in cannon puffing technology for the homogenization of bulk treatment: half-popped purple corn, a new healthy snack. Journal of Food Process Engineering. Accepted for publication 23/03/2021.
1. Maroun, R. G., Rajha, H. N., Vorobiev, E., Louka, N. (2017). Emerging technologies for the recovery of valuable compounds from grape processing by-products. Handbook of Grape Processing By-Products: Sustainable Solutions. Edited by Charis Michel Galanakis. Academic press in a imprint of ELSEVIER.
2. Rajha, H. N., Boussetta, N., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G., & Vorobiev, E. (2017). Pulsed Electric Fields and High Voltage Electrical Discharges assisted extraction of bio-compounds from vine shoots. D. Miklavcic, Handbook of Electroporation. Springer International Publishing AG 2016. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-26779-1_118-1.
3. Maroun, R. G., Rajha, H. N., El Darra, N., El Kantar, S., Chacar, S., Debs, E., Vorobiev, E. & Louka, N. (2018) Emerging technologies for the extraction of polyphenols from natural sources. Polyphenols: properties, recovery, and applications 1st edition. Editor: Charis Galanakis. Woodhead publishing.
4. Al Daccache M., Koubaa, M., Louka, N., Maroun, R. G., Vorobiev, E., Rajha, H. N., Separation, purification, characterization, and preservation of polyphenols (2021)
• Prix d'innovation accordé dans un congrès.